A simple-to-use tablet dispenser
The Tunstall medication dispenser reminds people to take the correct medication at the right time and is suitable for anyone who has a combination of tablets to take daily, especially those who need to take medication within a specific timeframe. The tablet dispenser is particularly useful for older people or individuals with mental health requirements, who are often prescribed medication in high volumes.
Alerts if medication is not taken at the correct time.
- Simple medication management to support independent living
- Improved safety by reducing risk of errors, missed medication, or overdosing
- Reduces health problems associated with poor medication adherence
- Reassurance that the correct medication is taken, reducing the burden on family members and carers to remember daily medication
An easy-to-use tablet carousel
How does it work?
Both portable medication dispensers can be set up with prescribed tablets and the scheduled time for each dose. This allows users to take their medication at the correct time each day, while keeping other pills safe.
A flashing light reminds the user if the medication has not been taken within the timeframe and an alert is also raised via a Lifeline home unit or other Tunstall telecare-enabled systems to a monitoring centre or carer pager.
The medication is accessed by turning the dispenser over to release the tablets into the hand or into a suitable container. When the dispenser ‘beeps’ (at approx. 135°) the alarm is cancelled, and the dispenser can be returned to the upright position.
Two versions of the Tunstall medication dispenser are available: the PivoTell MK13/11 and the PivoTell Advance.
- Wireless and portable dispenser for use anywhere
- Easy to use tablet carousel, enabling the user, informal carers or formal carers to simply replenish medication
- Alerts if medication is not taken at the correct time
- Automatic low battery warning - ensures optimum operation at all times
- Compatible with Tunstall Lifeline telecare systems
- PivoTell MK3/11 dispenser allows for greater number of pills or larger tablets to be stored and dispensed
- PivoTell Advance dispenser has a maximum of 28 doses with additional features:
- A self-locking shutter that prevents access to the tray, except at the time medication is programmed to be available
- LCD display showing date, time, next dose due, number of doses remaining and battery level
- Transportation alarm, which alerts the user if the tray is upside down during transit to prevent doses from being lost
Compatible with Tunstall Lifeline telecare systems.