Care home monitoring system – created for people, not buildings
Tunstall Carecom™ takes a completely new approach to
nurse call systems for residential and nursing care homes.
Carecom technology improves the quality of care for everyone
Balancing safety with quality care provision, andever-increasing reporting requirements has never been more challenging and was acutely exacerbated by COVID-19.
Care home monitoring systems play an important role in resident safety, but traditional emergency nurse call systems, with nurse call buttons, are designed around buildings, rather than people. Alarm sounding throughout the home causes disturbance and stress for residents, staff and visiting family.
Tunstall Carecom uses the latest technology to deliver the best in care home call systems. Easily installed wireless and digital technology enables care to be delivered where and when it is needed most.
Receivers and beacons are placed around the building, which interact with smart pendants worn by residents, enabling the system to pinpoint their exact location.
Infection control capabilities
Carecom can also be configured to enable the delivery of care in ‘bubbles’, supporting infection control. This functionality can also be used to drive efficiencies by creating practical zones in a care home building according to differing care requirements and layout.
Individual monitoring, with discrete care team notifications
Tunstall Carecom personalised systems ensure resident safety with minimal disruption to others, respecting individual dignity while improving management insights, workfow effciencies, staff morale and quality of care.
Caregivers are able to manage the system on a number of devices, including a mobile app, and are not just alerted to events, but also the nature of the event (e.g. fall, seizure, exit from a room or property), who needs assistance and their location.
Benefits of Tunstall's care home monitoring system, for residents, families, carers and managers
Benefits for Residents
- Security and freedom of movement around a property including outside
- Alerts prompt an efficient response from nominated carers
- Dignity and privacy when in difficulty
- Sensors and alerts enable personalised care
- Calmer environment within the home
Benefits for Families
- Investment in technology to ensure safety for all
- Dignity and freedom for residents to enjoy their surroundings
- Works with existing Tunstall telecare sensors for personalised care
- Calm environment without constant alarms
- Quality of focused interaction between staff and residents
- Supports COVID bubbles and infection isolation zones
- Advanced reporting capabilities for peace of mind
Benefits for Carers
- Easy to use
- Dedicated alerts via phone app - call for assistance/access other approved care apps
- Fairer workload distribution improves morale in the team
- Fewer generic alarm interruptions means more quality time with residents
- Confidence in improved personal safety
- High profile investment in the welfare of staff and reside
Benefits for Manager
- Fast access to CQC and GDPR-compliant and actionable data insights
- Fairer task allocation improves staff morale and retention
- Calm environment in the home
- Scalable, with the ability to add additional pendants, sensors and functionality as required
- Demonstrates investment in state-of-the-art technology for the benefit of residents and staf
Transform your care home call systems and monitor the health of residents with Tunstall Carecom management solutions.
To find out more about this product, please get in touch by filling out the form below.