Residents can speak to the monitoring centre throughout their home.
Sound Boost is a speaker with a built-in microphone that increases the audible range of the Lifeline hub in the home, making it easier for residents to communicate with the monitoring centre when they need to.
Using a Sound Boost, in combination with a Lifeline, in areas such as the hall, lounge or bedroom, provides reassurance to the resident that they will be heard and reduces No Voice Contact calls and unnecessary responder callouts.
A small device that makes a big difference.
- Sound Boost raises the volume - speech from the Lifeline hub is reproduced in Sound Boost so if the response centre raises the volume on the hub, the Sound Boost speaker volume will also increase
- Provides greater audible coverage throughout the residence
- Significantly reduces No Voice Contact calls (NVCs) and unnecessary responder callouts
- Simple pairing mechanism.
An additional microphone and speaker around the home allow the monitoring centre operator to accurately assess the risk.
How does it work?
Sound Boost replicates the sound from the resident’s Lifeline hub, via a wireless connection. The Lifeline hub and Sound Boost units can be placed in different rooms so if an alarm is raised, the resident and monitoring centre can easily communicate because the resident is closer to a microphone and speaker. This reduces the possibility that the monitoring centre operator is unable to assess the risk to the resident and the appropriate response can be provided, reducing No Voice Contact calls.
- Private wireless network used only for the Sound Boost. No crosstalk with any other Lifeline hubs in the vicinity
- LEDs show the status of the Sound Boost providing peace of mind that the unit is working correctly
- Micro-USB connection for power
Anyone with a Lifeline hub in their home will benefit from the extended coverage of Sound Boost.
“Tunstall Sound Boosts have been brilliant in enabling us to contact service users if we receive a No Voice Contact call. In all cases it reduced the number of times we had to ring or attend the property after an NVC. It makes our service more efficient and reduces anxiety for the people we support.”
Aimee Teare, Senior Project Officer, Preventative Services and TEL, Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council.
Amplify your care with Tunstall Sound Boost
Fill in your details below to find out more and a regional representative will be in touch.