Increases the range of telecare sensors
The Orion Range Extender uses antenna diversity technology to boost the signal of telecare sensors, significantly increasing their range. This product helps to ensure that those crucial lifesaving alerts don’t go undetected.
Ensures alerts are not missed
- Reliable radio reception and retransmission via antenna diversity architecture.
- Increased radio range for telecare sensors and peripherals.
- Peace of mind helps ensure crucial life saving alerts are not missed.
Smart technology solutions designed to save lives
How does it work?
The two antennas feed one receiver orthogonally placed for horizontal and vertical polarisation, before retransmitting at an increased power to provide reliable radio coverage. The siting of the repeater is important to ensure uniform coverage.
This product will work with 869 MHz installations and connect to Tunstall’s CareAssist. It’s not compatible with 173 MHz installations or Carecom.
Intelligent, unobtrusive, person-centred care
- Antenna diversity is the use of orthogonal antennas for the more reliable reception of radio signals. Orion uses two separate antennas fixed orthogonally and feeding two separate radio receivers
- Compatible with the Lifeline Smart Hub, Vi, Vi+, GSM, Connect, Connect+, 400 and 4000+, CareAssist and Tunstall Group Living systems (except Carecom)
- 12 hour battery backup
- Reception range - up to 800m line of sight
- Class 1 Radio category