Discreet pressure pad sensors with wireless technology
The Bed/Chair Occupancy Sensor is a pressure pad which monitors occupancy and automatically raises an alarm call if unexpected activity is detected.
The sensor provides an early warning by alerting that the user has left their bed or chair and not returned within a pre-set time period, indicating a possible fall. The sensor can also be programmed to switch on the lights, helping those who may feel disorientated.
Enable independent living, with monitoring and protection
The Occupancy Sensor is designed for anyone who needs extra support to enable independent living, by increasing monitoring and protection in the home. It’s suitable for individuals who have recently been discharged from hospital, older people with mobility issues or anyone receiving medication.
Automatically raises an alarm call.
- Monitoring safety day and night, reducing the risks to an individual
- Early identification of potential issues increases capacity for independent living
- Tailored to an individual routine so that unexpected activity can be monitored and responded to appropriately
Designed for anyone who needs extra support.
How does it work?
The standard bed pressure pad is placed underneath the mattress on the bed. A wider bed pad is also available, which goes on top of a mattress; providing increased sensitivity where users are small, light or move significantly during their sleep. When linked to a Lifeline home unit or other Tunstall telecare enabled system, the bed sensor assists carers to manage the risks associated with independent living by raising an alarm if an individual gets out of bed and does not return by a certain time. The sensor also raises an alert if the user does not go to bed, or get up, by a certain time. *
The chair occupancy sensor works in the same way, consisting of a chair pressure pad and providing a complete occupancy solution.
- Discreet pressure pad sensors for beds and chairs.
- Transmits on the dedicated European 869MHz social alarm frequency, for reliable, future-proofed operation.
- Wireless radio technology for flexibility on installations.
- Automatic low battery warning ensures optimum operation at all times.
*Not suitable for use with air flow mattresses